Former Hahndorf Town Band member for forty (40) years and Musical Director of the Hahndorf Junior Band for ten (10) years, Clarence (Clarrie) Size, died on 28th April 2008 aged 71 years after a long battle with cancer.
After Clarrie’s long association with the Hahndorf Band, he then went on to establish what is now known as the Adelaide Hills Concert Band. Clarrie, initially with his brother Robert (Bob) Size, and in later years with his sons Tim and Andrew, was well known in the banding community for his musical instrument repair business, ‘Size Music’.
Members of the Hahndorf Town Band extend their condolences to Clarrie’s family.
On Saturday the 5th April 2008, the Band enjoyed an afternoon of fine weather entertaining students past and present at the Callington Primary School.
This was the last scheduled performance with guest conductor Brent Parry, and the Band used the occasion to thank him for maintaining rehearsals during the Band’s Musical Director vacancy, and wish him well for the future.
- Band Performs at Mt Barker Show
- Awards Night 2007
- Retired Band member turns 90 Years Old!
- Band Features at Inaugural 2007 ‘Oktoberfest’
- On Show at Gawler Show
- Hahndorf Town Band appears on Channel 7 Sunrise Show
- Hahndorf Town Band extends best wishes to departing conductor.
- Band Members Honoured with Prestigious Awards
- Lakeside at Meningie